“What is that?!” He said.
“It’s a record.” I said.
“Whats a record.” He said.
“It plays music.” I said.
“like a big CD” he said.
“Ya sorta.” I said.
My bones started to ache from the years I was feeling, but then the ache abruptly stopped, and I thought “Hey at least he knows what a CD is….
So in a show of support for record store day on April 16, This list will be the 10 weirdest album covers I have ever seen. Its a list from the days of yore, when there was no twitter, or Facebook! Gasp! When you had to physically go to the record store, and wade through crazy music like on this list just to find your gem. Buying an album was an event! You would get home, blow of the dust on the record, place it on the turntable, put on your big headphones and listen to the music while you read the liner notes.
This is not a list of good music! This is the crazy stuff you would find while you were looking for your good music. Enjoy!
1) “Jesus use Me” By The Faith Tones First off use you for what? This album is creepy in so many ways, I could probably write a book about its creepyness! I mean look at those beehives!
2) If I was a women by Ira North If you were a women Ira, you would be an ugly one. And furthermore Ira I don’t think you have ever been around a women long enough to even form an opinion! Oh Ira….
3) Sound Effects of Death and Horror
This album looks like something I would see in a fire and brimstone Bible. And I have no idea who would want to listen to the sound effects of death and horror all day, but hey what do I know.
4) Amen! Beverly Massege Ok…. This lady loves her ventriloquist dummy a little too much. Amen this album wasn’t a top ten hit! I don’t eve know what to say…. The cover speaks for its self.
5) JO-JO Parodije by Svetlana Miljus Cajka Something was lost in translation on this one. She looks like one of the rejects from a White Snake video!
6) I punch you by Weird Paul Petroskey Why so hostel Pauly? This album cover exudes creepyness. I think of some guy cutting a record in a polyester suit, sportin a gold tooth. “Hey Paul what do you want to call the album?” Paul: “I want to call it I punch you, and I want a picture of a plastic baby doll on the cover.” Who was the guy who said that was ok?
7) For your Entertainment by Adam Lambert Yes! I said it! The guys creepy! He can sing, but this album cover is just weird. Its the 80s on energy drinks and iphones!
8) Mallet Mischief by Harry Breuer and his quintet I bet you never knew how crazy the xelophone was? Well Harry is gonna tell you! I actually like this one. Harry’s playing his xelophone, with a smirk, while some women is trying to hang herself. I hope its not because of Harry’s xelophone playing.
9) By request only by Ken Ken, I bet your a lonely guy, because I don’t think you get many request’s. Poor Ken.. He looks like a nice guy. So willing to do a request for you. Come on guys request something for Ken. Dig the groovy suit by the way.
10) Velho, Menino Burro Wrong on so many levels… This one isn’t even fun…